Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2nd times a charm!

I bought this pair of night stands from a garage sale I found on Craigslist. They originally tried to sale them for $20, but I was able to talk them down to $10 for both, since one of the drawers is missing from one!


Sorry I don't have better pictures, my phone was stolen over the holidays and it had ALL the before and after pictures **Big Sad Face**

I wanted to paint the nightstands blue and was really excited when I found the perfect can of peacock blue in the oops section at Wal-mart!  The nightstands are laminate, so I lightly sanded them and used a stain blocking primer! I used several coats since they are black!  After the third coat (Yes three!) I felted a little defeated! Unfortunately, the blue was not so perfect, I now understand why it was in the oops section!

So my 2nd thought was to break out some foil and Mod Podge!!

I love the results!!




I used gold metallic spray paint for the edges and rubbed antiquing glaze after the Mod Podge dried!!

Don't forget to link up {here}

Here is where I'll be partying!!

 southern lovely
Lil luna
My girlish whims 
Sugar and dots 
Handy man crafty woman 
Primitive and proper 
Ginger snap crafts
Sew much a do 
 Delightful order
The artsy girl connection
The 36th avenue
So fabulously flawed
Saved by love creations
The shabby creek cottage
The frugal girls
House of Hepworths
Some what simple

Happy Thursday!!

Photobucket




8 comments:

  1. Well, that was a good comeback. Pretty upcycle! I love getting deals on Craigslist. I'm always nervous about talking people down - that's what my sweetie is for.

    Happy Favorite Things Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I love the gold and silver color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great redo! So much better than cookie cutter furniture.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to join our Pin'Inspiration party this week. I'm hoping that you'll pop by tomorrow and share at my "Beat The Winter Blues" party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice recycle. Very creative use of foil. Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop at Katherines Corner. Hugs and smooches and wishes for a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. You beat me to it! I had thought of the exact same thing for my nightstands. They are laminate too and I am fumbling over ideas about how to make them over. Great job Sherika!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foil, how cool! That's a seriously unique idea - you're so resourceful Sherika :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This info is priceless. When can I find out more?
    Feel free to surf my page ; kleenex coupons

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...